Daniel K. Hartline
Bekesy Laboratory of Neurobiology
Pacific Biosciences Research Center
University of Hawaii at Manoa
1993 East-West Rd.
Honolulu, Hawaii 96822
Phone: (808) 956-8003
FAX: (808) 956-6984
- Swarthmore College, Swarthmore, PA., 9/57 to 6/61; B.A. in Physics with honors, 1961
- Harvard University, Cambridge, MA., 9/61 to 10/67; M.A. in Biology, 1966; Ph.D. in Biology, 1967 (conf 1968), J.H. Welsh, advisor.
- Research Professor (from 7/84) and Director, Bekesy Laboratory of Neurobiology, Univ. of Hawaii, 9/00 - present
- Director, Computational Neuroscience Program; Neuronal and Glial Mechanisms Program,
National Science Foundation, Arlington, VA. 9/97 - 8/98
- Associate Research Professor, Bekesy Laboratory of Neurobiology, University of Hawaii, 9/78 to 6/84
- Assistant Professor, Department of Biology, University of California, San Diego, 7/70 to 7/78.
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Stanford Univ. 9/68 to 10/70 with Donald Kennedy
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Bermuda Biological Station, 6/68 to 9/68 with Donald M. Maynard
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Harvard Univ., 10/67 to 6/68 with Ian M. Cooke
- Teaching Assistant, Harvard Univ., 9/65 to 1/66; 9/66 to 1/67
NSF 1756767 "Collaborative Research: Molecular profiling of the ecophysiology of dormancy induction in calanid copepods of the Northern Gulf of Alaska LTER site"
Additional information on the Web
UH Dept. of Zoology graduate faculty posting
Lab Research (copepod myelin) in the News
More about our location
[can't be beat, but you don't want to know about the cost of living here!]
Located on the mauka campus of the University of Hawaii at Manoa
Return to PBRC Home Page.